Happy Seeds



Yesterday the Sun burst out and the wind dropped. I left the housework to fend for itself and busied outside to take full advantage of the bright day. With grandiose images of a flourishing cutting garden in my mind, I wanted to plant a mass of flower seeds.




Unusually for me I got everything organised before I began opening up the packets and flinging seeds around.

This may have something to do with the fact that most of the flower seeds I planted last Spring disappointingly failed to materialise, the result of slinging the seeds onto the soil and labeling them, and there ended the TLC!




Now the seed trays are planted with minute care and attention and sitting tucked up in the cold frame. I have everything crossed for luck and perhaps I will have some flowers to cut in summer if not on quite the same scale as I dream about. Still it's amazing what you can cram into a garden if you really want to!



No comments:

Post a Comment