Love them or hate them?

 
Well I would be lying if I said these creamy local delicacies were harvested from the sea with my own two hands - let's be honest! More like a leisurely walk to the Farmers Market on a sunny Sunday. Between sips of wine, my other half had them shucked in no time - revealing the biggest oysters I've ever seen.

 
Back to the good old Edmonds Cook Book - I looked up a recipe for Crispy Batter. I found it worked best if I dipped the raw oysters in flour first and then into the batter and finally into the hot oil (tip - use your BBQ element if you have one to save on cleaning up.)
 
 
I've never really been a big fan of oysters (which seems sacrilege living so close to the sea). But deep fried they are heaven on a plate - and yes it's true - they do taste like the sea. Yum!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment