Good hair days

A snippet from my life:

I like to think that 'good hair days' do carry through whatever you have on that day.
 
So to guarantee some sunshine, family harmony and no unexpected bills, after my morning shower I got out my old cosmetic purse of velcro curlers.
And so begins the game: each velcro curler is like a wee jack russell desperately clinging to it's chew toy (the cosmetic purse). As much as you pull, the dog pulls back - usually with a small snarl thrown in just to freak you out. And it's not long before all the dogs get together fighting over the toy.

With one hand delicately twirling sections of hair I use my free hand to wrestle the curlers apart and prize them out - all the time trying to suck in my belly so cruelly exposed in the mirror and dab at the sweat running down my face.

No wonder I need a coffee every morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment