Ahhhhh..... tissue

Many years ago a friend gave me a wee money saving tip ... keeping pretty tissue boxes and refilling them from the less-pretty boxes. Who would know?!

I've taken that idea a little further by decorating the tissue boxes so they tie into a colour scheme. You can use any spare scraps of fabric, stunning paper, pretty ribbons, sparkling beads, dried rose buds or whatever takes your fancy. (Tip: I used Modge Podge to glue the fabric and paper on).

Scent the tissues by placing cotton balls in the bottom of the box before refilling. Sprinkle the cotton balls with your favourite essential oils, or spices (cinnamon stick, cloves etc). I am currently using Dolphin Clinic Mandarin Pure Essential Oil for that clean citrus smell.

I also use these oils in my home-made cleaners - but let's not think about housework today!

No comments:

Post a Comment