Work Space Work Place

Today I stumbled on a facebook page called "Where Women Create" which shows the amazing spaces which women have created as their own space in which to work and play. It reminded me of Virginia Woolf's " A Room of One's Own" where she says that in order to write a woman needed an independent annual income and a room of her own in which to work.
Apparently against all the odds, Jane Austen produced her masterful novels sitting in the living room in the evening with other members of her family, while she pretended to write letters.


I can't say my workspace is as glamorous as the those on the facebook page, but until recently I had a spot at the kitchen table and now I do love having my own corner in which to leave my work and ideas scattered around waiting for me to shape them....

What does your work space look like?
Blue x






No comments:

Post a Comment