Something new for a new year

Do you have a new year's resolution? Get healthy, exercise more, loose weight ... they just don't appeal (although they would do me the world of good if I could achieve them).


No, my resolutions are far more indulgent and fun - each year I teach myself a new craft (or refine my skills). Last year it was decoupage. This year it is patchwork, applique and quilting - all related.






There are so many amazing fabrics that are so accessible courtesy of the internet. I particulary like Bolt of Cloth, and My Place along with nosing around in Spotlight.

And of course the local library offers a great selection of books for inspiration and guidance (I've just finished browsing The Practical Guide to Patchwork - new basics for the modern quiltmaker by Elizabeth Hartman).




I've started with the basics - making rosettes to cover an existing cushion. The cushion is for a window seat in my daughters room - the next stage of her bedroom makeover. However the possibilities are endless and the fabrics alone are truly inspiring.

I highly recommend this take on new year resolutions - it's like eating chocolate but without the calories.







   

No comments:

Post a Comment