Home making

I love browsing 'home' magazines and books. There are so many interesting ideas on everything from making chalk boards for your kitchen through to decorating cupcakes.

I find these magazines far more appealing than 'house' magazines showing emaculate houses with subtle lighting, spotless kitchen benches and tastefully arranged bath towels.















A home has those personal touches ... the birds nest that the wee people found walking home from school... an old vase from my grandmother... the cushions I made one wet afternoon. Of course it also has a pile of unfolded laundry hiding in a spare room, hand prints on the windows and in my case piles of fabric, pots of paint and a box of scrapbooking paper tucked into a corner!
I guess a home really is what you make it.










No comments:

Post a Comment