Blue Pattern Friday


There is something about watercolour flowers which just lend themselves to wonderful repeat designs for fabric. I had a go at capturing these grape hyacinths gathered from our next door neighbours garden. 


One person who really does have the whole watercolour thing nailed is Fi Douglas of Bluebell Gray from Scotland, I have been coverting a panel of her fabric (or two) for some time now, but perhaps I will have to create my own after all!  


Last night I went out with my gardening group friends to see a film which has been taking NZ by storm, called "Gardening with Soul" a documentary film about a nonagenerian gardener who also happens to be a Nun. Or a Nun who also happens to be a 90 year old gardener. Whichever, she was pretty inspiring and a reminder to be Mindful rather than Mind Full. 

Happy creating Friday, Blue x


No comments:

Post a Comment