Spring Sowing Lateness


I got out into the garden yesterday, late as always in getting everything started. I have decided on a dual approach this year in the "garden centre versus sow from seed debate". This scatter gun approach seems to me realistic what with everything always seeming to need to happen at once. And seeing as I haven't learnt how to time travel (yet!) 


Practical versus beauty: small and tender basil seedlings and their massive sunflower cousins.


My hand crafted seedbox (thanks Mike!) with peppers and chillis in hopeful hothouse mode, and sweet peas - can anyone really live without those??!


Broad bean plants complete with rabbit protection, lettuce seedlings and more fino verde basil, I knew those empty loo roll holders would come in handy for something. 

Spring - hah, I am ready for you now - Happy gardening, Blue x

3 comments:

  1. Top tip for empty cardboard tubes......a perfect 'root trainer' to plant your sweet pea seeds in
    Happy sowing!
    What's the name of that lovely rose?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good idea I must remember that one! The name of the rose is Lasting Love - have you got that one? It smells beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It might be one to acquire, although my latest fancy is David Austen's crimson Munstead Wood, it fades beautifully!

    ReplyDelete