Count down to Christmas

Here in Ripple Bay it seems to be High Summer already, it is hot, the sea has warmed up and we've been swimming daily already. My favourite rose is in full bloom, it reminds me of my Nan, my Mum and my daughter.
Albertine

Bizarre, as it's not even Christmas. Not many days to go though, the kids have already started down the big count down, you know the one, the big count down til they can start the advent calendars.   I have seen a furtive preparing of a Christmas list and I have even started to think about making a list of presents to make or buy. Some Christmas presents are over in a flash and I love those, no need to find a place for them just use up and enjoy; I'm thinking home baking or decadent handmade Makana chocolates here which are a real delicacy in the Bay of Islands. If someone gives you some you feel like you have been handed a rare treat to be handled with care.



And some presents give continual surprises and fabulousness, like the bird box made for me last year. We have been sort of keeping an eye on it, but it really came on the radar when we noticed some clear plastic hanging from it and when we peeped inside we were beside ourselves with excitement to see 3 small blue eggs. Then we spent the rest of the afternoon trying to surreptitiously go up and down the step ladder to take a glimpse.











Happy Blue Egg Monday, Love Blue x

1 comment:

  1. What a special thing! Do you know what kind of birds eggs they are or is it going to be a Christmas surprise? You'll need to get a web cam to monitor them

    ReplyDelete