Happy New Year & Emergency Gardening

Not a bad haul! 

Christmas and New Year over, visitors have left and I realised that the garden was in dire need of a quick fix before it all got totally out of hand, like it so often does here at Ripple Bay. It was so windy today that I battled my way to the hidden garden tucked behind our garage and pulled out weeds and things and trimmed and tied back tomatoes at a rate of knots. Felt very virtuous when I also found a whole hidden cache of yellow cherry tomatoes from a plant that was supposed to be in a trailing pot but which I had stuck straight in the ground last year in a fit of optimism.

Big bucket of weeds and things

makeshift driftwood bench

garden after the quick fix

My New Years Resolution? Get in the garden and keep on top of things? Nah, only joking. My real resolution is "DO MORE STUFF"! Thanks Kate (one of our groovy visitors) for the inspiration.

Happy 2014, Emma x
Add caption

No comments:

Post a Comment