Silver linings



As much as I love the sunshine (my freckles can testify to that), some of my all time favourite things fall from the clouds.

At the top of the list - watching our crazy cat drink water off the top of our outdoor table during and after a good rainfall. (She also likes sitting in the sprinkler - who said cats don't like water!)

Next - the vibrancy of the grass after the rain. It almost looks like it is glowing.

And following on from that, I love stomping around my vege garden in my flashy gumboots (mine are the Ponga Frond ones) to check on my freshly washed herbs.

And last but most certainly not least - I absolutely love being cuddled up in bed at night listening to the sound of rain fall on a tin roof. It reminds me of those Xmas holidays as a kid - you know the ones - when the days were scorchers and the nights gave way to sudden and heavy downfalls.

It just goes to show - there really are silver linings to those clouds.

No comments:

Post a Comment