Finding inspiration

As Blue says in her last post about beach sculptures, inspiration can come from anywhere - the great outdoors, books, gardens, kids and pets. This inspiration can invigorate you, give you a new perspective and stimulate the creative juices.

So when I was feeling a little bit 'end of year-ish' I had a nosy around one of my favourite places - The Skullery. They stock a range of wonderful kitchen and home items.  This tea towel caught my eye - I loved the teal colour and the butterfly (isn't it funny how quality tea towels are now really fashionable and not a bit nana-ish) .

 For Christmas I had promised one of the wee people a bedroom makeover and I could see how this teal would work beautifully as a feature wall.
 

















Out came the brushes and paint - including some amazing magnetic paint from Resene. The entire feature wall instantly became a giant magnet... the perfect place for the collection of magnetic butterflies.

With the creative juices now well and truly flowing, there's still more I want to do - stay tuned for the next stage of the makeover.

No comments:

Post a Comment