Macademia nut madness



Today I had a job of separating cracked macademia nuts from their shells.  The smell, feel, and colours of them were really intense and of course sampling them straight from the shell was a must! They were a taste sensation and altogether a result totally different from buying from a shop. If only all jobs were like this!

 A few had to be hand cracked with a hammer


I decided that in order to best preserve their taste I would lightly roast some of them and add them to my homemade "Random Muesli". So named because I add whatever I have in the cupboard to a large container and shake it up - the fresh nuts will elevate it to a whole new level.

Happy weekend

Ingredients I put in my Random Muesli, include different types of oats, rolled, organic, milled; sultanas, cranberries, dried apricots, linseeds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, wheat bran and of course any nuts I have to hand. Put in a really large container and shake as necessary! 

No comments:

Post a Comment