Some gifts stink!

I haven't had a stinker for a while ... but I have been thinking about things I can do with the incredible fragrant and abundant citrus fruit in my part of the world. Tangy oranges and grapefruit, vivid green kiwifruit and crisp red apples. No wonder my friends call it the Garden of Eden.


Taking advantage of this wonderful produce, I made a fruit pot pourri - a Xmas gift for a friend living in Ireland. Creating an uplifting smell throughout the whole house, I fan baked slices of orange, kiwifruit and fresh ginger along with lavender flowers from my garden. A few drops of essential oil (I used mandarin) and a shake of Orris Root (to enhance the scent) and hey presto - a gift that stinks!!!

To make the gift uniquely New Zealand, I included a kauri bowl to put the pot pourri in (a lucky find in the local op-shop).

Fragrant, frugal and heaps of fun - give it a go!

No comments:

Post a Comment