Intrepid Journeys

After a light downpour this morning the outside world looked so clean and shiny. Perfect for a walk through the nearby gum trees and bush. I wasn't the only one venturing out.

I met two hens taking their clutch of new chicks down to the river. I stopped to chat with the mums and admire their offspring. They came very close hoping I had something tasty for them (sorry girls - next time). 


 

Further into my journey I watched the Tuis calling to each other from the tree tops, the Wax Eyes dining on monkey apples and the Fantails hunting mosquitos.




I thought I had left the noise behind in the school playground - instead I found a whole symphony of noisy birds, rushing water and the sound of me huffing and puffing up the hills. But I loved it.

I must remember some bird seed tomorrow!



No comments:

Post a Comment