Lost


The calm before the storm

Beautiful sunshine so photo clearly taken a different day!
Today it rained and I got lost. Not metaphorically but actually and totally lost in the bush. I took a detour while walking Big Dog in massive rains watching the thundering sea and it seemed a good idea to dive into the bush and see where it went. An hour later struggling through thick gorse (ouch) and wonderful native trees and scrub I came to a narrow river in a gorge, which was actually a series of descending pools carved out of the rock by water, all mysterious and damply green with strange flora and fauna which looked a lot like a cross between lichen and seaweed; perhaps I have discovered a new species!

I haven't been lost on foot for a good dozen years and that would have been when I was living in Tokyo where I got lost so regularly that I factored in extra time for getting lost. It was always extremely exciting though, as was today and I was extremely relieved to finally break out and through onto the beach like a cork popping out of a bottle. Bit battered and bruised, soaking wet and hair plastered to my face and full of twigs and prickles, but with a feeling of wild rejuvenation I sang all the way home.....

Happy adventuring, Blue x

4 comments:

  1. Rolling home blind drunk of course and a few others! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. No I'd have thought you'd have sung the theme tune to "Blackadder" PP!!!! xx

    ReplyDelete