Square Foot Gardening

Square foot gardening
 I have decided to try "square foot gardening" in my winter garden this year. The idea is that if you plant your garden in small sections you get healthier plants and a greater yield for less effort and you can read about it here and here.
The summer drought meant I couldn't plant anything for a while and I pretty much pulled everything out of the garden and have a big bare patch to experiment with. So having spread out the results of my composting endeavours the other week, I spent yesterday measuring and diving my plot into square feet. Well to be honest there was no measuring just a kind of eyeing up and wading in with string and ties just to get the job done. But I am operating on the home spun Ripple Bay philosophy that sometimes it is better to get on with things or I never get off the starting blocks if I plan for too long!
I have been reading a wonderful book called "Sweet Peas for Summer" which endorses this way of thinking and it has inspiring photos too, even better.

Fingers crossed, Blue x

No comments:

Post a Comment