Starry Night

A couple of frosty nights have prompted me to get out my winter woollies.

When I first moved to Ripple Bay I was amazed by the crystal clear night sky - no city lights - no smog - just an amazing view of the Milky Way, Southern Cross and thousands of tiny far-away stars. Of course in winter this weather makes for chilly nights (but beautiful days).

Last night was no exception. I lay snuggled up in bed looking out at the cloudless sky listening to the calls from our resident Morepork (New Zealand native owl). I'm sure he (she?) was telling me to get on with my latest project: slipper socks.

I love these ones I found on Felt. However my crocheting skills are sadly lacking so I think I will have a nosy around in my local op shop and transform a crocheted blanket. Finished off with some funky buttons, I will have very happy and fashionable toes!

No comments:

Post a Comment