Square Foot Gardening


All the info I have read about square foot gardening emphasizes how easy it is to weed the garden when you garden this way, so I decided to put it to the test.....and it's true, the great thing about it is that you can weed a square in five minutes flat and if there are a lot of weeds like in my garden this winter then it only takes marginally longer than that. Somehow it is a lot more manageable too, along the lines of "I'll just weed one more square......well maybe one more than that...." you know what I mean.


The growing part is working really well too. With minimal effort on my part we have silverbeet, spinach, masses of corriander, parsley, various lettuces, leaves and rocket, cosmos poking through, carrot seedlings and enough radishes for both the human and rabbit members of this family! 
Have a good weekend, Happy gardening, Blue x

1 comment:

  1. I can see the attraction. I am afraid parts of our garden has got "away from us" especially in the veg plot. Decided will put some into hibernation (cover with old carpets), hopefully smaller area will be better ( if only the darned rabbits ate weeds and not veg!)
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete