Meditation


Walking or running for me is like a form of meditation, our Big Dog gives me an excuse to get outside and walk or run and I pretty much follow one or other of a couple of tracks every day. What I find inspiring is being able to observe the same scene day by day as it unfolds, in effect a slowed down, back to front version of those speeded up films that show a flower opening, or traffic in a city condensed down from a 24 hour period.


Today I could see that the blossom on the wild peach trees had finally burst open, the cows had muddied the walking track into a luge down to the beach,  and yes there were even ripples at Ripple Bay!


We had been asked to make suggestions to the school's physical environment and as I walked it became clear as crystal that the school and the children are missing a community garden where they can plant, pick, sow, eat, cook, learn about compost and all those things that connect us so tightly to the natural world. My walk/meditation having solved the pressing issue of the day, I came home and had a virtuous coffee!




There are some great innovations like this one here so the next job will be working out how to realise the actuality of a school garden, and making a plan.

 Happy weekend, Blue x







No comments:

Post a Comment