Snail Mail


Detail of front

Yesterday was a red letter day. The rain was driving in sideways and it was the perfect time to make myself sit still and finish sewing by hand the binding of my Blue Silk Quilt which I blogged about here.

Detail of back
And then when I went to collect the post from our post box 2 kms from our house along a metal (gravel, unfinished) road, there was treasure inside - two handknitted cushion covers made by my fabulous Mother and sent with love to the other side of the world. Smiles all round!

                                   

I love the cabling and I especially love the detail of the buttons. Just right for huddling up with on a cold and rainy day - thanks Mum! 



                                       

Then I just had to look out some vintage buttons for inspiration......... 



Love Blue x





No comments:

Post a Comment