Preserving Lemons

Isn't it amazing to get a glut of something and, isn't it even more amazing when it is something that is totally outside your expectations. Being a Sussex person (south of England) I still struggle with the concept of going into the garden and picking a lemon from a tree. A big tree in fact. And the lemons taste so gorgeously lemony that they must come from a different planet from the supermarket offerings I remember.

So when a neighbour turned up with 2 buckets full of lemons burstingly ripe my jaw dropped and then I wondered what on earth I could do with them. I know Daisy blogged about hers here but what we did was the simplest thing possible which was squeeze them, put them in ice cube trays and freeze them.








All i can think of is summer G & Ts.......... complete with lemon ice cube!
Do you have a favourite recipe for a glut of glamorous proportions?

Happy weekend, Blue x




No comments:

Post a Comment