Comfort and Cosiness





Last week, weather and a nasty bout of flu kept us inside. Always dangerous, when you can't charge about outside and keep all those niggling thoughts at bay. Especially when it is school holidays! I did however task myself with a dash outside into the rain and wind to see what I could forage in 10 minutes before the flu police arrived. And it is surprising what you can find when the time pressure is on. 



Our forage list amounted to:
1. Five juicy lemons.
2. Two stems of shocking pink freesias sheltering from the howling gale.
3. A profusion of marigolds in the vegetable patch.
4. Handfuls of vivid green rocket.
5. A clear head for a whole 5 minutes.



In keeping with the doing things quickly before energy ran out I made my stock standard comfort dinner of Green Lentil Spagetti with mushrooms, for a health fix. The children had steak with blood oozing out of it - nothing like being a vegetarian in a household of red bloodied carnivores!
Do you have tried and tested food that you turn to when the going gets tough?

Happy eating, Blue x

5 comments:

  1. It's a bright autumnal morning and reading your blog encouraged me to forage in the garden and greenhouse and found
    3 tiny 'White Cloud' rosebuds
    A bunch of mixed herbs to dry or make garni bouquets for winter casseroles
    2 ripe plum tomatoes
    5 cherry tomatoes
    and a handful of basil
    oh and a ripe butternut squash
    Some lovely ingredients for a risotto

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your list, it is so back to front from mine! Hope your risotto was delicious Gardener x

      Delete
  2. It was delicious. I used Katie Stewart's receipt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used our favourite cook's receipt and it was delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used our favourite local cook's receipt and it was delicious!

    ReplyDelete