Grey Sunday



Taking Shelter
We got caught in the rain today on a walk, rock hopping along the adjoining Bays. Luckily there was a massive pohutekawa to shelter under and we watched the rain and the white horses driving into the beach. What is it about the mix of ocean and weather that makes it so addictive? 

After that I felt no compunction at staying indoors for a big chunk of the afternoon and planning Autumn projects. I was given these chestnuts and when the rain lets up I am going to have a go at seeing if I can roast them outside without them exploding.....!!
planning with coffee, crochet and chestnuts

Last day of school holidays, Blue x

2 comments:

  1. Top tip : paul absolutely loves them and says making a small slit in each one helps to avoid them exploding yum yum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Gardener, I will try that - the ones we had in Italy were exploding even with slit made - perhaps we will have to wear safety glasses/sunglasses!

    ReplyDelete